Ask a question about 'Education in Kraków'
Start a new discussion about 'Education in Kraków'
Answer questions from other users
Higher Education in Kraków
Kraków also Krakow, or Cracow , is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Situated on the Vistula River in the Lesser Poland region, the city dates back to the 7th century. Kraków has traditionally been one of the leading centres of Polish academic, cultural, and artistic life...
takes place in 10 university-level institutions with about 170,000 students and 10,000 faculty, as well as in a number of non-public colleges.
Public institutions of higher education
- Jagiellonian University
The Jagiellonian University was established in 1364 by Casimir III the Great in Kazimierz . It is the oldest university in Poland, the second oldest university in Central Europe and one of the oldest universities in the world....
- AGH University of Science and Technology
AGH University of Science and Technology is the second largest technical university in Poland, located in Kraków. The university was established in 1919, and was formerly known as the University of Mining and Metallurgy...
- Cracow University of Technology
Tadeusz Kościuszko University of Technology is a university located in downtown Kraków, Poland, established in 1946 and, as an institution of higher learning granted full autonomy in 1954....
- Cracow University of Economics
- Academy of Music in Kraków
The Academy of Music in Kraków is a conservatory located in downtown Kraków, Poland.-History:The Academy, until 1945 as a conservatory under the name Cracow Conservatory or Conservatory of the Music Society, was founded in 1888 by the eminent Polish composer Władysław Żeleński thanks to artistic...
- Pedagogical University of Cracow
Pedagogical University of Cracow , located in Kraków, Poland, was founded on May 11, 1946, as the National Higher College of Teacher Training and since gained notoriety for training highly-qualified teaching staff for the local educational...
- Agricultural University of Kraków
- Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków
- Ludwik Solski Academy for the Dramatic Arts
Ludwik Solski Academy for the Dramatic Arts , located in Kraków, Poland, was founded in 1946 by a well-known Polish actor, Juliusz Osterwa, who took the initial steps leading to the establishment of the Academy through the amalgamation of three local studios, the Theatre Actors' Studio at...
- The University School of Physical Education in Krakow
- Tischner European University
- The Pontifical Academy of Theology
The Pontifical University of John Paul II is an academic institution located in Kraków, Poland, that offers graduate degrees in theology, philosophy, and church history. It derived from the theology faculty of Jagiellonian University established in 1397. The theology faculty was expelled from...
- Jesuit University of Philosophy and Education Ignatianum
The Jesuit University of Philosophy and Education Ignatianum in Krakow, Poland is a Catholic College officially recognized by the state of Poland The Jesuit University of Philosophy and Education Ignatianum in Krakow, Poland is a Catholic College officially recognized by the state of Poland The...
- Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University
- Krakowska Wyższa Szkoła Promocji Zdrowia
- Małopolska Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa
- Wyższa Pedagogiczna Szkoła Zawodowa im. Św. Rodziny
- Wyższa Szkoła Bezpieczeństwa Publicznego i Indywidualnego "Apeiron"
- Wyższa Szkoła Ekonomii i Informatyki
- Wyższa Szkoła Handlowa
- Wyższa Szkoła Ochrony Środowiska, Turystyki i Rekreacji
- Wyższa Szkoła Ubezpieczeń
- Wyższa Szkoła Zarządzania i Bankowości w Krakowie