Ask a question about 'Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere'
Start a new discussion about 'Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere'
Answer questions from other users
The '''Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere''' (CIRA) provides a mechanism to link the scientific and technical resources of the [[National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration]] (NOAA)/[[Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research]] (OAR) and [[Colorado State University]].
The CIRA research themes are:
* Global and Regional Climate Studies
* Local and Mesoscale Weather Forecasting and Evaluation
* Applied Cloud Physics
* Applications of Satellite Observations
* Air Quality and Visibility
* Societal and Economic Impacts of Weather and Climate
* Numerical Modeling
The CIRA campus is located in the foothills to the west of [[Fort Collins]], [[Colorado]] just outside of the city limits.
* [http://www.cira.colostate.edu/ Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere]