Ask a question about 'Changchun Light Rail Transit'
Start a new discussion about 'Changchun Light Rail Transit'
Answer questions from other users
Changchun Light Rail Transit
(Changchun LRT) is a on-ground rail mass transit system in the city of Changchun
Changchun is the capital and largest city of Jilin province, located in the northeast of the People's Republic of China, in the center of the Songliao Plain. It is administered as a sub-provincial city with a population of 7,677,089 at the 2010 census under its jurisdiction, including counties and...
Jilin , is a province of the People's Republic of China located in the northeastern part of the country. Jilin borders North Korea and Russia to the east, Heilongjiang to the north, Liaoning to the south, and Inner Mongolia to the west...
province, China. It is said to be the first light rail
Light rail or light rail transit is a form of urban rail public transportation that generally has a lower capacity and lower speed than heavy rail and metro systems, but higher capacity and higher speed than traditional street-running tram systems...
transit system in Mainland China
Mainland China, the Chinese mainland or simply the mainland, is a geopolitical term that refers to the area under the jurisdiction of the People's Republic of China . According to the Taipei-based Mainland Affairs Council, the term excludes the PRC Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and...
. The initial phase of Line 3 was completed in 2001, the 2nd phase was completed in 2007. Thus the construction of Line 3 has been totally finished. It officially opened to revenue service in October 2002. The current total length of the route is 31.6 km with 33 stations. The system will be added by three lines of conventional underground metro
. According to report of Xinhua agency in 8 October 2008, construction of first line of metro with 18 stations and length 20,12 km starts in 2010, and it will open in 2014. Phases 3 with Line 4 is now under construction.
|| Changchun Railway Station
Changchun station is a railway station of Jingha railway, Hada Railway, Changtu Railway and Changbai Railway. The station located in the town of Changchun, Jilin, China.-See also:*Chinese Eastern Railway*South Manchuria Railway...
- Changying World Plaza
|| Changchun Station North Square - Chechang Station
- The current alignment has 32 stations which include Changchun Train Station, Liaoning Rd, Furong Bridge, Xi'an Bridge, Nanchang Rd, Zhaoyang Bridge, Jiefang Bridge, Huxi Bridge, Kuanping Bridge, Fusong Rd, Nanhu Boulevard, Huguang Rd, Guigu Great Street, Qianjin Avenue, Qianjin Great Street, Weiming Street, Weiguang Street, Weixing Square, Ya Tai Great Street, Yitong River, Linhe Street, Xiantai Great Street, Exhibition Centre, Century Plaza, Chinese Medicine University, Dongbeishi, Buoxue Road, Nongbuo Garden, Jingyue Park, Cailin Rd, Fuzhu Rd, Skiing Field, Changying World Plaza.
- The first train departs at 6:00. At 21:00 both last trains leave the termini at Changying World Plaza and Changchun Station.
- There is a flat fare of 2 yuan from Changying World Plaza up to Fusong Rd, 3 yuan for Changying up to Linhe Street, and 4 yuan to all other stations. The same number of stations/fare is vice versa for Changchun Rail Station.
The History and Lines of the Changchun Light Rail Transit
- October 2002: Line 3 (Phase 1) Changchun Station - Weiguangjie
- 2006: Line 3 (Phase 2) Weiguangjie - Changying Century City
- 2011: Line 4 Changchun station North Square - Southwest Huanzhongdian
- 2020: Line 1 Beihuan Lu - Chechang
- 2020: Line 2 Xike - Dongfeng Square
- 20??: Line 3 Changchun Station - Yongning Road
- 20??: Line 5 Xinglongtuan - Fufengtuan