Ask a question about 'Boz Scaggs & Band'
Start a new discussion about 'Boz Scaggs & Band'
Answer questions from other users
Boz Scaggs & Band
is the fourth album by Boz Scaggs
William Royce "Boz" Scaggs is an American singer, songwriter and guitarist. He gained fame in the 1970s with several Top 20 hit singles in the United States, along with the #2 album, Silk Degrees. Scaggs continues to write, record music and tour.-Early life and career:Scaggs was born in Canton,...
, and his second on the Columbia Records
Columbia Records is an American record label, owned by Japan's Sony Music Entertainment, operating under the Columbia Music Group with Aware Records. It was founded in 1888, evolving from an earlier enterprise, the American Graphophone Company — successor to the Volta Graphophone Company...
label. It was released in December 1971.
All tracks composed by Boz Scaggs; except where indicated
- "Monkey Time" (Scaggs, Clive Arrowsmith)
- "Runnin' Blue" (Scaggs, Patrick O'Hara)
- "Up to You" (Scaggs, Clive Arrowsmith)
- "Love Anyway"
- "Flames of Love" (Scaggs, Clive Arrowsmith)
- "Here to Stay"
- "Nothing Will Take Your Place"
- "Why Why" (Boz Scaggs, Tim Davis)
- "You're So Good"
- Boz Scaggs – guitar, vocals
- David Brown – bass
- Eddie Lee Charlton – drums
- Chepito Areas – conga, timbales
- Mike Carabello – percussion, conga, timbales
- Lee Charleton – sound effects
- Rita Coolidge
Rita Coolidge is a multiple Grammy Award-winning American vocalist. During the 1970s and 1980s, she charted hits on Billboard's Pop, Country, Adult Contemporary and Jazz charts.-Career:...
– background vocals
- Dorothy Morrison – background vocals
- Mel Martin – saxophone
- Pat O'Hara – trombone
- Tom Poole – trumpet, flugelhorn
- George Rains – drums, percussion
- Doug Simril – guitar, piano
- Joachim Jymm Young – organ, piano, keyboards, vibraphone