Ask a question about 'Aska (singer-songwriter)'
Start a new discussion about 'Aska (singer-songwriter)'
Answer questions from other users
, past stage name; is a Japanese
The are an ethnic group originating in the Japanese archipelago and are the predominant ethnic group of Japan. Worldwide, approximately 130 million people are of Japanese descent; of these, approximately 127 million are residents of Japan. People of Japanese ancestry who live in other countries...
Singer-songwriters are musicians who write, compose and sing their own musical material including lyrics and melodies. As opposed to contemporary popular music singers who write their own songs, the term singer-songwriter describes a distinct form of artistry, closely associated with the...
Aska is best known for work as part of the music duo Chage and Aska
or Chage and Asuka are a Japanese popular music duo composed of two singer-songwriters from Fukuoka Prefecture, and . To date they have sold over 31 million albums and singles in Japan....
. As a composer, he wrote most of the principal hit songs for the duo, such as "Morning Moon", "Love Song", "Say Yes
"Say Yes" is a Japanese single by Chage and Aska, released by Pony Canyon on July 24, 1991. The song was used as a theme of Japanese television drama 101 kaime no Propose. It was regarded as a wedding-song....
", and "Meguriai". Over half of their released singles were written by him.
He also wrote for many singers or groups besides Chage and Aska. In particular, his songwriting for Hikaru Genji in the late 1980s has produced some of his most notable works. He began his own solo career in 1987, and was highly successful in the first half of 1990s. His most well-known song as a solo singer is "Hajimari wa Itsumo Ame", a single from his second album. It reached #2 on oricon
, established in 1999, is the holding company at the head of a Japanese corporate group that supplies statistics and information on music and the music industry in Japan. It started as , which was founded by Sōkō Koike in November 1967 and became known for its music charts. Oricon Inc...
and sold over 1,160,000 copies. Success of this song lead his group to widespread popularity across East Asia
East Asia or Eastern Asia is a subregion of Asia that can be defined in either geographical or cultural terms...
- "My Mr. Lonely Heart" / "Otona ja Nakute ii" (1987, #16)
- "Midnight 2 Call"/ "Yume Haruka" (1988, #22)
- "Hajimari wa Itsumo Ame"/"Kimi ga Ai o Katare" (1991, #2)
- "Seiten o Homerunara Yugure o Mate" / "Only Lonely" / "Seiten o Homerunara Yugure o Mate (Original Karaoke)" (1995, #1)
- "Every Day of Your Life (Richard Marx
Richard Noel Marx is an American adult contemporary and pop/rock singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer. He had a string of hit singles in the late 1980s and 1990s, including "Endless Summer Nights", "Right Here Waiting", "Now and Forever", and "Hazard"...
and Aska)" / "Can't Help Falling in Love
"Can't Help Falling in Love" is a pop song originally recorded by American singer Elvis Presley and published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley's publishing company. It was written by Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore, and George David Weiss. The melody was based on "Plaisir d'Amour" but with a different...
(Marx)" / "Take It to the Limit (Marx and Randy Meisner
Randy Herman Meisner is an American musician and songwriter, best known as a founding member of Poco and the Eagles...
- "ID" / "Kaze no Inryoku" (1997, #4)
- "One" / "Chakuchiten" / "Konnafuuni" (1997, #19)
- "Girl" / "Hana wa Saitaka" (1998, #6)
- "good time" / "judge by myself" (2000, #14)
- "Kokoro ni Hana no Saku Hoe" (2003, #5)
- "UNI-VERSE" / "Shougen Ni Sofa Wo Oite (Live Ver.)" / "Tsuki Ga Chikazukeba Sukoshi Ha Mashidaro (Live Ver.)" / "Please (Live Ver.)" (2008)
- "Anataga Nakukotowanai" / "L&R" (2009)
- Scene (1988, #3)
- Scene II (1991, #1)
- Never End (1995, #1)
- One (1997, #4)
- Kicks (1998, #4)
- Scene III (2005, #6)
- Standard (2009)
- 12 (2010)
- Kimi no Shiranai Kimi no Uta (2010)
- Aska the Best (1999, #8)
- Scene I & II (2005, #32)
- Scene of Scene: Selected 6 Songs from Scene I,II,III (2006, #23)
- good time (2000)
- My Game Is ASKA Concert tour 05>>06 (2006)
- ASKA SYMPHONIC CONCERT TOUR 2008 "SCENE" (2009)
- ASKA WALK Concert tour 2009 (2009)
- The Melody You Heard That Night Shouwa Ga Miteita Christmas (2010)
- Concert Tour 10>>11 Faces (2011)
- Sanma Akashiya
is a Japanese TV comedian and actor simply known as Sanma. His real name is . His talent agency is Yoshimoto Corporation.Together with Beat Takeshi and Tamori, Sanma is said to be one of the "Big Three" tarento of Japan. Sanma's nickname is . He is known for his ability to endlessly carry a...
- "Teku Teku"
- Yoko Oginome
, real name , is a singer, actress and voice actress. Oginome spent most of her elementary and junior high years living in the town of Ranzan in Saitama Prefecture, though she attended school in the city of Sakura. She graduated from Horikoshi High School in Nakano, Tokyo. She is represented by the...
- "Dear -Cobalt no Kanata e" (music only)
- Yuji Oda
is a Japanese actor and singer.Yuji Oda was born on 13 December 1967 in Kawasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. He was born to an upper-middle-class family and attended the private academy of Touin Gakuen. Originally he had a promising career in sports, but had to give it up after a knee injury. He...
- "Sonna Mon darou"
- Yuki Katsuragi - "Bohemian" (lyrics only), "Midori no Bara" (lyrics only)
- Shizuka Kudo
is a Japanese singer and pop idol born in Hamura, Tokyo. She debuted as member no. 38 of the Onyanko Club in May 1986 and went on to a successful solo career with 11 no.1 hits.-Biography:...
- "Step" (music only)., "Yume" (music only)
- Yuki Kuroda - "Kaze Fuiteru", "cry"
- Noriko Sakai
is a Japanese pop singer and actress. She was born in Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. She married in 1998, and divorced on July 31, 2010. She and Yūichi have one son, born in 1999. She is particularly popular in Hong Kong and Taiwan...
- "Ichioku no Smile -Please your smile-" (music only), "Fight!", "Madogiwa no Koihikou", "Listen to Me"
- Kojiro Shimizu - "Crescent Mystery" (music only), "Love Affair"
- Judy Ongg
Judy Ongg is an actress, singer, author and woodblock-print artist from Taiwan. Born in Taipei, she graduated from Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan, and after that, she changed her nationality from taiwanese into Japanese. Her career has spanned more than four decades.Judy made her film debut in...
- "Tatta Hitotsu no Tonight" (music only)
is a three-member Japanese idol group under the talent agency Johnny & Associates. They debuted on December 12, 1985. The group lead an annual musical Playzone from 1986 to 2008 for about 957 performances with a total attendance of over 1.38 million people over the course of 22 years.- Members :....
- "Futari", "My Girl"
- Masayuki Suzuki
Masayuki Suzuki is a Japanese singer best known as a former member of Rats & Star...
- "No Credit"
S.E.N.S. is a Japanese new age instrumental group formed in 1988, originally with two members. The name stands for "Sound, Earth, Nature, and Spirit" based on their spiritual policy....
- "Arukutabi ni Sukitoru Kaze" (music only) "Otonatachi no Niwa" (co-songwriting), "Asuka" (co-songwriting)
- Mariko Takahashi
is a Japanese female singer. She is known for her ballad pop songs. She began her singing career in 1973 singing covers, but soon progressed to writing her own songs...
- "Izayoi", "Tokai no Sora"
- Naomi Chiaki
, is a Japanese singer and actress who worked from the late 1960s to the early 1990s.Chiaki made her debut as a singer in 1969, and released her breakthrough single "Yottsu no Onegai" in the following year. "Kassai", a song which has been commonly considered her signature song was released in 1972...
- "Image", "Tsutawarimasuka"
- Teresa Teng
Teresa Teng , was an immensely popular and influential Chinese pop singer from Taiwan. Teresa Teng's voice and songs are instantly recognized throughout East Asia and in areas with large Asian populations...
- "Imademo...", "Elegy"
- Saburo Tokito
is a Japanese actor. He won the award for best actor at the 9th Yokohama Film Festival for Eien no 1/2 and at the 9th Hochi Film Award for The Miracle of Joe Petrel.-References:...
- "Kimi ga Ai o Katare", "Shiroi Enogu to Orchestra"
- Hideaki Tokunaga
is a Japanese pop singer-songwriter and actor.Although Tokunaga failed to pass the test of Star Tanjō! in 1982, he debuted as a recording singer in 1986. After he released hit songs such as "Yume o Shinjite" and "Kowarekake no Radio" in 1990, his single "Wednesday Moon" reached No...
- "Kokoro no Ball"
- Yuri Nakae - "Hana o Kudasai"
- Masatoshi Nakamura - "Kaze no Sumu Machi"
- Hiroko Yakushimaru
is a Japanese actress and vocalist.After passing the audition for the film produced by Haruki Kadokawa, she began her acting career. Along with teen idols Tomoyo Harada and Noriko Watanabe who made debut after a similar process, she was often described as one of "Kadokawa Sannimusume" in her early...
- "Ame ni Sarawarete", "Tomatta Tokei"
- Miho Nakayama - "Honkidemo...", "Midnight Taxi"
- Hikaru Genji - "A Ki Su To Ze Ne Ko", "Itsuka Kitto...". "Glass no Judai", "Graduation" (lyrics only), "Long Run" (lyrics only), "Koya no Megalopolis", "The Windy", "Starlight", "Paradise Ginga", "Hurry Up", "Please", "Little Birthday", "Rainy Girl"
- Multi Max - "I Miss You" (music only), "Leven It to the Future" (lyrics only)
- Akina Nakamori
is a Japanese pop singer and actress. She was one of the most popular singers of the 1980s in Japan. She is known for her deep, power-house voice....
- "Yokan", "Nocturne", "Yume no Fuchi" (lyrics only)
- Yoko Minamino
is a Japanese idol, singer, and actress born on June 23, 1967 in Itami, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. She graduated from Horikoshi High School in the Chūō district of Nakano, Tokyo. She is well known for her role as Saki Asamiya in the second season of the live action Sukeban Deka TV series, replacing...
- "Film no Mukougawa", "Maria"
- Miho Morikawa
Miho Morikawa is a Japanese singer and model.-Biography:Miho Morikawa got her start at the age of seventeen after winning a singing contest, which led to her first album, called Sentimental Times, in 1986. Soon after her debut, she started writing lyrics and eventually composing some of the songs...
- "Onna ni Naare"
- Marina Watanabe
is a Japanese actress, singer, and TV-personality. She was born in Ota, Tokyo, Japan, and is currently married to Jun Nagura of the comedy trio Neptune...
- "Hoshi ni Kizuite"
- Na Ying
Na Ying is a Chinese vocalist. She is considered as one of the best present-day female singers in Mainland China, having sold more than 10 million albums. She is also noted for her buoyant and forthright personality....
- "Weep No More" (music only)