Ask a question about 'Alberto Jori'
Start a new discussion about 'Alberto Jori'
Answer questions from other users
is an Italian
Italy , officially the Italian Republic languages]] under the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages. In each of these, Italy's official name is as follows:;;;;;;;;), is a unitary parliamentary republic in South-Central Europe. To the north it borders France, Switzerland, Austria and...
Born in Mantua
Mantua is a city and comune in Lombardy, Italy and capital of the province of the same name. Mantua's historic power and influence under the Gonzaga family, made it one of the main artistic, cultural and notably musical hubs of Northern Italy and the country as a whole...
, he studied in Padua
Padua is a city and comune in the Veneto, northern Italy. It is the capital of the province of Padua and the economic and communications hub of the area. Padua's population is 212,500 . The city is sometimes included, with Venice and Treviso, in the Padua-Treviso-Venice Metropolitan Area, having...
The city of Cambridge is a university town and the administrative centre of the county of Cambridgeshire, England. It lies in East Anglia about north of London. Cambridge is at the heart of the high-technology centre known as Silicon Fen – a play on Silicon Valley and the fens surrounding the...
-Early history:Between 600,000 and 200,000 years ago, "Heidelberg Man" died at nearby Mauer. His jaw bone was discovered in 1907; with scientific dating, his remains were determined to be the earliest evidence of human life in Europe. In the 5th century BC, a Celtic fortress of refuge and place of...
. In 2003 he won with his book on Aristotle
Aristotle was a Greek philosopher and polymath, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great. His writings cover many subjects, including physics, metaphysics, poetry, theater, music, logic, rhetoric, linguistics, politics, government, ethics, biology, and zoology...
the Prize of the Académie Internationale d'Histoire des Sciences - International Academy of the History of Science (Paris, Sorbonne
The Sorbonne is an edifice of the Latin Quarter, in Paris, France, which has been the historical house of the former University of Paris...
). He teaches in Tübingen, Germany, and is an exponent of the School of "Practical Philosophy".
- La responsabilità ecologica (ed.), Studium, Roma 1990 ISBN 88-382-3624-0
- Medicina e medici nell'antica Grecia. Saggio sul 'Perì technes' ippocratico, il Mulino, Bologna-Napoli 1996 ISBN 88-15-05792-7
- Aristotele, De caelo (ed.), Rusconi, Sant'Arcangelo di Romagna 1999 (II ed. Bompiani, Milano 2002)
- Lessing, Gli ebrei (ed.), Bompiani, Milano 2002
- Aristotele, Bruno Mondadori, Milano 2003 ISBN 88-424-9737-1
- Identità ebraica e sionismo in Alberto Cantoni, Giuntina, Firenze 2004 ISBN 88-8057-207-5
- Hermann Conring (1606–1681). Der Begründer der deutschen Rechtsgeschichte, MVK, Tübingen 2006 ISBN 3-935625-59-6