Ask a question about 'Acorn Recruitment'
Start a new discussion about 'Acorn Recruitment'
Answer questions from other users
is a recruitment and training company founded in Newport
Newport is a city and unitary authority area in Wales. Standing on the banks of the River Usk, it is located about east of Cardiff and is the largest urban area within the historic county boundaries of Monmouthshire and the preserved county of Gwent...
Wales is a country that is part of the United Kingdom and the island of Great Britain, bordered by England to its east and the Atlantic Ocean and Irish Sea to its west. It has a population of three million, and a total area of 20,779 km²...
- 1992 Acorn's first branch is opened in Newport.
- 1992–1998 The company is professionally accredited by becoming a full member of REC, the Recruitment & Employment Confederation.
- 2000 Acorn is formally recognised as an Investors in People
Launched in 1991 Investors in People is a business improvement tool administered by UK Commission for Employment and Skills and supported by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills ....
- 2002 Acorn's position as a major UK recruitment agency is acknowledged when it wins two national awards; 'Best UK Regional Recruitment Firm', and the overall 'UK Gold Award', representing the 'best of the best' of all categories at the 2002 Professional Recruiter Awards.
- 2003 The company achieves full ISO 9001:2000
The ISO 9000 family of standards relates to quality management systems and is designed to help organizations ensure they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders . The standards are published by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, and available through National...
recognition for quality of customer service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- 2009 Acorn's education division is accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute.