Ask a question about 'AMPS'
Start a new discussion about 'AMPS'
Answer questions from other users
can mean any of the following:
- 2-Acrylamido-2-methylpropane sulfonic acid
2-Acrylamido-2-methylpropane sulfonic acid is a reactive, hydrophilic, sulfonic acid acrylic monomer used to alter the chemical properties of wide variety of anionic polymers. In the 1970s, the earliest patents using this monomer were filed for acrylic fiber manufacturing...
, an acrylic monomer
- Abbreviation of the plural for Ampere
The ampere , often shortened to amp, is the SI unit of electric current and is one of the seven SI base units. It is named after André-Marie Ampère , French mathematician and physicist, considered the father of electrodynamics...
, a unit of electrical current
- Armor Modeling and Preservation Society
The Armor Modeling and Preservation Society is a social club with the common interest of modeling miniature armored fighting vehicles, military model figures, ordnance, dioramas, and related equipment...
, a not-for-profit incorporated social club devoted to the hobby of scale military vehicles and charitable activities.
- Advanced Mobile Phone System
Advanced Mobile Phone System was an analog mobile phone system standard developed by Bell Labs, and officially introduced in the Americas in 1983, Israel in 1986, and Australia in 1987. It was the primary analog mobile phone system in North America through the 1980s and into the 2000s...
, a mobile phone systems technology
- Advanced Mobile Phone Service
Advanced Mobile Phone Service, Inc. was a subsidiary of AT&T prior to the Bell System Divestiture. Abbreviated AMPS, the company was created in 1978 to build and operate the new Advanced Mobile Phone System, also abbreviated AMPS. AMPS was developed by Bell Labs to replace older, severely limited...
, an AT&T company
- The Amps
The Amps were an indie-rock band from Dayton, Ohio. Formed by Kim Deal in 1995 after The Breeders went on hiatus, they first began touring as "Tammy Ampersand and the Amps" but it was later shortened to "The Amps."Their album Pacer was released in 1995.Kim Deal originally intended to play all of...
, an indie rock band
Generally, an amplifier or simply amp, is a device for increasing the power of a signal.In popular use, the term usually describes an electronic amplifier, in which the input "signal" is usually a voltage or a current. In audio applications, amplifiers drive the loudspeakers used in PA systems to...
s, circuits or devices that amplify electrical signals
- AMPS (Advanced Modular Processing System), first implementation of Flow-based programming (early 1970s)
- Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (Anne G. Fisher, 2006): used by occupational therapists (OTs) to assess individuals' ability to engage in meaningful activities of daily living in natural contexts
- "Assignment of Mortgage PaymentS" or "Assignment of Mortgage Payment System": The name of an alternative financing strategy to acquire real estate, most commonly used by real estate investors. The term and strategy gained popularity about 2009 during a U.S. national housing crisis.