(1) The freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person
Young people collectively
"Rock music appeals to the young"
"Youth everywhere rises in revolt"
(3) A young person (especially a young man or boy)
(4) Early maturity; the state of being young or immature or inexperienced
(5) The time of life between childhood and maturity
An early period of development
"During the youth of the project"
, from West Germanic *juwunþ-
, from a base corresponding to + . Cognate with Dutch , German .
- The quality or state of being young.
- The part of life following childhood; the period of existence preceding maturity or age; the whole early part of life, from childhood, or, sometimes, from infancy, to manhood.
- A young person
- A young man
- (used in plural form) Young persons, collectively.
juvenility, youthfulness adolescent, kid
, teen, teenager, youngster boy
, young man
s, teenagers, teens, young people, youngsters