(1) Hairpiece covering the head and made of real or synthetic hair
(2) British slang for a scolding
Shortening of , itself an alteration of .
- A head of real or synthetic hair worn on the head to disguise baldness; for cultural or religious reasons; for fashion; or by actors to help them better resemble the character they are portraying.
- To put on a wig; to provide with a wig (especially of an actor etc.).
- To upbraid, reprimand.
- To become very excitable or emotional; to lose control of one's emotions.