(1) The flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
(2) Membrane connecting the toes of some aquatic birds and mammals
(3) An intricate trap that entangles or ensnares its victim
(4) A fabric (especially a fabric in the process of being woven)
(5) Computer network consisting of a collection of internet sites that offer text and graphics and sound and animation resources through the hypertext transfer protocol
(6) An interconnected system of things or people
"He owned a network of shops"
"Retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"
"Tangled in a web of cloth"
(7) An intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving
"The trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn"
(8) Construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- The silken structure a spider builds using silk secreted from the spinnerets at the caudal tip of its abdomen; a spiderweb.
- The sunlight glistened in the dew on the web.
- Any interconnected set of persons, places, or things, which when diagrammed resembles a spider's web.
- Specifically, the World Wide Web (often capitalized Web).
- Let me search the web for that.
- The part of a baseball mitt between the forefinger and thumb, the webbing.
- He caught the ball in the web.
- A latticed or woven structure.
- The gazebo's roof was a web made of thin strips of wood.
- The interconnection between flanges in structural members, increasing the effective lever arm and so the load capacity of the member.
- The thinner vertical section of a railway rail between the top (head) and bottom (foot) of the rail.
- A fold of tissue connecting the toes of certain birds.
- A duck paddles with its webbed feet.
- A continuous strip of material carried by rollers during processing.
- A long sheet of paper which is fed from a roll into a printing press, as opposed to individual sheets of paper.
- to construct or form a web
- to cover with a web or network
- to ensnare or entangle
- to provide with a web