(1) A facility that provides a source of water
"The town debated the purification of the water supply"
"First you have to cut off the water"
(2) A fluid necessary for the life of most animals and plants
"He asked for a drink of water"
(3) The part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)
"They invaded our territorial waters"
"They were sitting by the water's edge"
(4) Binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
(5) Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
(6) Liquid excretory product
"There was blood in his urine"
"The child had to make water"
(7) Secrete or form water, as tears or saliva
"My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"
"His eyes watered"
(8) Supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams
"Water the fields"
(9) Fill with tears
"His eyes were watering"
(10) Provide with water
"We watered the buffalo"