(1) The act of looking or seeing or observing
"He tried to get a better view of it"
"His survey of the battlefield was limited"
(2) Graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept
"He painted scenes from everyday life"
"Figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment"
(3) Outward appearance
"They look the same in outward view"
(4) The range of interest or activity that can be anticipated
"It is beyond the horizon of present knowledge"
(5) The visual percept of a region
"The most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
(6) A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
"My opinion differs from yours"
"What are your thoughts on Haiti?"
(7) Purpose; the phrase `with a view to' means `with the intention of' or `for the purpose of'
"He took the computer with a view to pawning it"
(8) A way of regarding situations or topics etc.
"Consider what follows from the positivist view"
(9) A message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof
"His opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
(10) The range of the eye
"They were soon out of view"
(11) Deem to be
"She views this quite differently from me"
"I consider her to be shallow"
"I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
(12) Look at carefully; study mentally
"View a problem"
(13) See or watch
"View a show on television"
"This program will be seen all over the world"
"View an exhibition"
"Catch a show on Broadway"
"See a movie"
From , from (French: ), feminine past participle of (French: ).
- The act of seeing or looking at something.
- He changed seat to get a complete view of the stage.
- The range of vision.
- If there are any rabbits in this park, they keep carefully out of our view.
- Something to look at, such as a scenery.
- My flat has a view of a junkyard.
- A picture.
- There was a view of the accident site on the front page.
- A mental image.
- I need more information to get a better view of the situation.
- A way of understanding something, an opinion, a theory.
- Your view on evolution is based on religion, not on scientific findings.
- A point of view.
- From my view that is a stupid proposition.
- An intention or prospect.
- I gave you the money with the view that you would invest it wisely.
- A virtual or logical table composed of the result set of a query in relational databases.
- The part of a computer program which is visible to the user, the part the user interacts with; a user interface to the underlying logic of the program.