(1) The act of uniform movement
(2) The act of changing in form or shape or appearance
"A photograph is a translation of a scene onto a two-dimensional surface"
(3) Rewording something in less technical terminology
(4) A written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
(5) A uniform movement without rotation
(6) (genetics) the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm
(7) (mathematics) a transformation in which the origin of the coordinate system is moved to another position but the direction of each axis remains the same