(1) The means whereby some act is accomplished
"My greed was the instrument of my destruction"
"Science has given us new tools to fight disease"
(2) An implement used in the practice of a vocation
(3) Obscene terms for penis
(4) A person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else
(5) Work with a tool
(6) Ride in a car with no particular goal and just for the pleasure of it
"We tooled down the street"
"The convertible tooled down the street"
(8) Furnish with tools
- A mechanical device intended to make a task easier.
- Hand me that tool, would you?
- Equipment used in a profession, e.g., tools of the trade.
- These are the tools of the trade.
- Something to perform an operation; an instrument; a means.
- A piece of software used to develop software or hardware.
- The software engineer had been developing lots of EDA tools.
- A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
- He was a tool, no more than a pawn to her.
- To work on or shape with tools, e.g., hand-tooled leather.
- To equip with tools.
- To work very hard.
- To put someone else down (possibly in a subtle, hidden way), and in that way to use them to meet a goal.
- Dude, he's not your friend. He's just tooling you.
- To intentionally attack the ball so that it deflects off a blocker out of bounds.