Strong desire for something (not food or drink)
"A thirst for knowledge"
"Hunger for affection"
(2) A physiological need to drink
(3) Have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
(4) Feel the need to drink
- A sensation of dryness in the throat associated with a craving for liquids, produced by deprivation of drink, or by some other cause (as fear, excitement, etc.) which arrests the secretion of the pharyngeal mucous membrane; hence, the condition producing this sensation.
- A want and eager desire after anything; a craving or longing; — usually with for, of, or after; as, the thirst for gold.
- To desire.
- I thirst for knowledge and education will sate me.
- To be thirsty.
- Drink up if you thirst.