(1) The learned profession acquired by specialized courses in religion (usually taught at a college or seminary)
"He studied theology at Oxford"
(2) The rational and systematic study of religion and its influences and of the nature of religious truth
(3) A particular system or school of religious beliefs and teachings
"Roman Catholic theology"
- The study of a god or gods and the truthfulness of religion in general.
- An organized method of interpreting spiritual works and beliefs into practical form.