(1) A telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
(2) An electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen
"The British call a tv set a telly"
(3) Broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects
"She is a star of screen and video"
"Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done" - Ernie Kovacs
- An electronic communication medium that allows the transmission of real-time visual images, and often sound.
- It’s a good thing that television doesn’t transmit smell.
- A device for receiving television signals and displaying them in visual form.
- I have an old television in the study.
- Collectively, the programs broadcast via the medium of television.
- ... fifty-seven channels and nothing on [television].