(1) A piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs
"It was a sturdy table"
(2) A piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it
"I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
(3) Food or meals in general
"She sets a fine table"
"Room and board"
(4) A set of data arranged in rows and columns
"See table 1"
(5) A company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game
"He entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
(6) Flat tableland with steep edges
"The tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water"
(7) Hold back to a later time
"Let's postpone the exam"