(1) A typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system
"The sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"
(2) Any star around which a planetary system evolves
(3) A person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
(4) The rays of the sun
"The shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
(5) First day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
(6) Expose one's body to the sun
(7) Expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun
"Insolated paper may turn yellow and crumble"
"These herbs suffer when sunned"