(1) Strong and sure
"A firm grasp"
"Gave a strong pull on the rope"
(2) Freshly made or left
"A warm trail"
"The scent is warm"
(3) Being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content
(4) Not faint or feeble
"A strong odor of burning rubber"
(5) Having a strong physiological or chemical effect
"A potent toxin"
"A potent cup of tea", "a stiff drink"
(6) Having or wielding force or authority
"Providing the ground soldier with increasingly potent weapons"
(7) Of verbs not having standard (or regular) inflection
"`sing' is a strong verb"
(8) Of good quality and condition; solidly built
"A solid foundation"
"Several substantial timber buildings"
(9) Having strength or power greater than average or expected
"A strong radio signal"
"A strong man"
(10) Able to withstand attack
"An impregnable fortress"
"Fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"
- capable of producing great physical force.
- a big strong man
- Jake was tall and strong.
- capable of withstanding great physical force
- a strong foundation
- good strong shoes
- fast moving water, wind, etc, which has a lot of power.
- The man was nearly drowned after a strong undercurrent swept him out to sea.
- determined, unyielding
- He is strong in the face of adversity.
- highly stimulating to the senses
- a strong light
- a strong taste
- having an offensive or intense odor or flavor
- a strong smell
- having a high concentration of an essential or active ingredient
- a strong cup of coffee
- a strong medicine
- having a high alcoholic content
- a strong drink
- inflecting in a different manner than the one called weak, such as Germanic verbs which change vowels
- a strong verb
- not easily subdued or taken
- a strong position
- impressive, good
- You’re working with troubled youth in your off time? That’s strong!