The successful action of solving a problem
"The solution took three hours"
A method for solving a problem
"The easy solution is to look it up in the handbook"
A statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
"They were trying to find a peaceful solution"
"The answers were in the back of the book"
"He computed the result to four decimal places"
(4) The set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
A homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution
"He used a solution of peroxide and water"
- A homogeneous mixture, which may be liquid, gas or solid, formed by dissolving one or more substances.
- An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
- The answer to a problem.
- The act or process of explaining or proposing an approach to solving a problem.
- Satisfaction of a claim or debt.
From , accusative singular of .