(1) A sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring
"In New England they call sodas tonics"
(2) A sodium salt of carbonic acid; used in making soap powders and glass and paper
, from suwwad (saltwort).
- Sodium carbonate.
- Sodium in chemical combination.
- Carbonated water (originally made with sodium bicarbonate).
- Any carbonated (usually sweet) soft drink.
- A glass, bottle or can of this drink.
Synonymscarbonated drink, fizzy drink , pop , soda pop , soft drink
- (sodium carbonate): carbonato di sodio
- (soda water): seltz
- soda (sodium carbonate)
- soda (carbonated drink)
- soda (soft drink)
- casual restaurant (Costa Rica, Panama, rarely in United States)