(1) The atmosphere and outer space as viewed from the earth
(2) Throw or toss with a light motion
"Flip me the beachball"
"Toss me newspaper"
From from , from .
- A cloud.
- The atmosphere above a given point, especially as visible from the ground during the day.
- That year, a meteor fell from the sky.
- The part of the sky which can be seen from a specific place or at a specific time; its condition, climate etc.
- I lay back under a warm Texas sky.
- We're not sure how long the cloudy skies will last.
- This mortal has incurred the wrath of the skies.
- Also used to represent pornographic material.
Usually the word can be used correctly in either the singular or plural form, but the plural is now mainly poetic.