(1) The overthrow of a government by those who are governed
(2) A drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving
"The industrial revolution was also a cultural revolution"
(3) A single complete turn (axial or orbital)
"The plane made three rotations before it crashed"
"The revolution of the earth about the sun takes one year"
< < < , accusative of < , pp. ; see revolve.
- A political upheaval in a government or nation state characterized by great change.
- The removal and replacement of a government.
- The turning of an object around an axis.
- In the case of celestial bodies - the traversal of one body through an orbit around another body.
- A sudden, vast change in a situation, a discipline, or the way of thinking and behaving.