(1) The revival of learning and culture
(2) The period of European history at the close of the Middle Ages and the rise of the modern world; a cultural rebirth from the 14th through the middle of the 17th centuries
- The 14th century revival of classical art, architecture, literature and learning that originated in Italy and spread throughout Europe over the following two centuries.
- The period of this revival; the transition from medieval to modern times.
- Any similar artistic or intellectual revival.
- Of, or relating to the Renaissance.
- Of, or relating to the style of art or architecture of the Renaissance.