(1) Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
Originally spelled ; an acronym of .
- A method of detecting distant objects and determining their position, velocity, or other characteristics by analysis of sent radio waves (usually microwaves) reflected from their surfaces
- A type of system using such method, differentiated by platform, configuration, frequency, power, and other technical attributes.
- An installation of such a system or of the transmitting and receiving apparatus.
- A superior ability to detect something.
- His sensitive radar for hidden alliances keeps him out of trouble.
- To scan with radar, or as if with radar.