(1) (law) the act of exhibiting in a court of law
"The appellate court demanded the production of all documents"
(2) The act or process of producing something
"Shakespeare's production of poetry was enormous"
"The production of white blood cells"
(3) The creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services
(4) (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale
"He introduced more efficient methods of production"
(5) An artifact that has been created by someone or some process
"They improve their product every year"
"They export most of their agricultural production"
(6) A presentation for the stage or screen or radio or television
"Have you seen the new production of Hamlet?"
(7) A display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated
"She tends to make a big production out of nothing"
(8) The quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
"Production was up in the second quarter"
- the act of producing
- The widget making machine is being used for production now.
- the act of being produced
- The widgets are coming out of production now.
- the total amount produced
- They hope to increase spaghetti production next year.
- the presentation of a theatrical work
- We went to a production of Hamlet.
- an occasion or activity made more complicated than necessary
- He made a simple meal into a huge production.
- that which is manufactured or is ready for manufacturing in volume (as opposed to a prototype or conceptual model)
- This is the final production model.