(1) The craft of making earthenware
(2) Ceramic ware made from clay and baked in a kiln
(3) A workshop where clayware is made
From poterie from potier 'potter', from the root of pot
(uncountable in most senses)
- Fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed
- The shelves were lined with pottery of all shapes and sizes.
- A potter's (work)shop, where pottery is made
- I visited the old potteries and saw the pots being made.
- The potter's craft or art: making vessels from clay
- Bernard Leach was skilled at pottery.