(1) Domestic swine
(2) A crude block of metal (lead or iron) poured from a smelting furnace
(3) Mold consisting of a bed of sand in which pig iron is cast
(4) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
(5) A person regarded as greedy and pig-like
(6) A coarse obnoxious person
"He devoured three sandwiches"
(9) Live like a pig, in squalor
- Any of several mammals of the genus Sus, having cloven hooves, bristles and a nose adapted for digging; especially the domesticated farm animal Sus scrofa.
- The farmer kept a pen with two pigs that he fed from table scraps and field waste.
- (specifically) A young swine, a piglet.
- The edible meat of such an animal; pork.
- Some religions prohibit their adherents from eating pig.
- Someone who overeats or eats rapidly and noisily.
- You gluttonous pig! Now that you've eaten all the cupcakes, there will be none for the party!
- A nasty or disgusting person.
- She considered him a pig as he invariably stared at her bosom when they talked.
- A dirty or slovenly person.
- He was a pig and his apartment a pigpen; take-away containers and pizza boxes in a long, moldy stream lined his counter tops.
- A police officer.
- The protester shouted, “Don't give in to the pigs!” as he was arrested.
- A difficult problem.
- Hrm...this one's a real pig: I've been banging my head against the wall over it for hours!
- A block of cast metal.
- The conveyor carried the pigs from the smelter to the freight cars.
- After the ill-advised trade, the investor was stuck with worthless options for 10,000 tons of iron pig.
- The mold in which a block of metal is cast.
- The pig was cracked, and molten metal was oozing from the side.
- A device for cleaning or inspecting the inside of an oil or gas pipeline, or for separating different substances within the pipeline. Named for the pig-like squealing noise made by their progress.
- Unfortunately, the pig sent to clear the obstruction got lodged in a tight bend, adding to the problem.
- a pigeon.
- to give birth.
- The black sow pigged at seven this morning.
- To eat greedily (also pig out), or in a noisy or dirty fashion.
- They were pigging on the free food at the bar.