(1) Having substance or material existence; perceptible to the senses
"A physical manifestation"
"Surrounded by tangible objects"
(2) Concerned with material things
"The physical characteristics of the earth"
"The physical size of a computer"
(3) Impelled by physical force especially against resistance
"A real cop would get physical"
(4) Characterized by energetic bodily activity
"A very physical dance performance"
(5) According with material things or natural laws (other than those peculiar to living matter)
"A reflex response to physical stimuli"
(6) Involving the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit
"Was sloppy about everything but her physical appearance"
(7) Relating to the sciences dealing with matter and energy; especially physics
- Having to do with the body.
- Are you feeling any physical effects?
- Having to do with the material world.
- It's not so much a physical place as a state of mind.
- Involving bodily force.
- This team plays a very physical game, so watch out.
- Having to do with physics.
- This substance has a number of interesting physical properties.
- Physical examination.
- How long has it been since your last physical?