(1) Any recognized accomplishment
"They admired his performance under stress"
"When Roger Maris powered four home runs in one game his performance merits awe"
(2) The act of performing; of doing something successfully; using knowledge as distinguished from merely possessing it
"They criticised his performance as mayor"
"Experience generally improves performance"
(3) The act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment
"We congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal"
"An inspired performance of Mozart's C minor concerto"
(4) A dramatic or musical entertainment
"They listened to ten different performances"
"The play ran for 100 performances"
"The frequent performances of the symphony testify to its popularity"
(5) Process or manner of functioning or operating
"The power of its engine determine its operation"
"The plane's operation in high winds"
"They compared the cooking performance of each oven"
"The jet's performance conformed to high standards"
- The act of performing; carrying into execution or action; execution; achievement; accomplishment; representation by action; as, the performance of an undertaking of a duty.
- That which is performed or accomplished; a thing done or carried through; an achievement; a deed; an act; a feat; especially, an action of an elaborate or public character.
- A live show or concert.
- In Computer science: The amount of useful work accomplished by a computer system compared to the time and resources used. Better Performance means more work accomplished in shorter time and/or using less resources