(1) Constituting or like a nucleus
"Annexation of the suburban fringe by the nuclear metropolis"
"The nuclear core of the congregation"
(2) (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy
(3) Of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of an atom
(4) Of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of a cell
- Involving atomic energy.
- a nuclear reactor
- Involving atomic or hydrogen bombs.
- a nuclear explosion
- Relating to nuclei, especially atomic or cellular ones.
- Relating to the core family structure of parents and children.
- The nuclear family has been the subject of many learned discussions.
The pronunciation /nukjəlɚ/ is attested by Merriam-Webster (Online 10th Edition).