(1) Free from artificiality
"A lifelike pose"
"A natural reaction"
(2) Being talented through inherited qualities
"A natural leader"
"A born musician"
"An innate talent"
(3) Related by blood; not adopted
(4) In accordance with nature; relating to or concerning nature
"A very natural development"
"Our natural environment"
(5) Existing in or produced by nature; not artificial or imitation
"A natural pearl"
"Natural blonde hair"
"A natural sweetener"
(6) Existing in or in conformity with nature or the observable world; neither supernatural nor magical
"A perfectly natural explanation"
(7) (of a key) containing no sharps or flats; (of a note) being neither raised nor lowered by one chromatic semitone
"A natural scale"
(8) Functioning or occurring in a normal way; lacking abnormalities or deficiencies
"It's the natural thing to happen"
"A grandparent's natural affection for a grandchild"
(9) (used especially of commodities) being unprocessed or manufactured using only simple or minimal processes
"Bales of rude cotton"
(10) Unthinking; prompted by (or as if by) instinct
"A cat's natural aversion to water"
"Offering to help was as instinctive as breathing"
(11) (craps) a first roll of 7 or 11 that immediately wins the stake
(12) A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
(13) Someone regarded as certain to succeed
"He's a natural for the job"
- That which exists and evolved within the confines of an eco-system.
- The species will be under threat if its natural habitat is destroyed.
- Of or relating to nature.
- Without artificial additives.
- Natural food is healthier than processed food.
- As expected.
- It's natural for business to be slow on Tuesdays.
- Almost white, with tints of grey, yellow or brown.
- The color of a material that has not been adjusted or added to.
- Neither sharp nor flat. Denoted ♮.
- The piece is played in C natural.
- Without, or prior to, modification or adjustment.
- So-called second-generation silicone breast implants looked and felt more like the natural breast.