(1) A metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
(2) A storehouse (as a compartment on a warship) where weapons and ammunition are stored
(3) Product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object
"Tripped over a pile of magazines"
(4) A light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as required
(5) A periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it
"It takes several years before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
(6) A business firm that publishes magazines
"He works for a magazine"
From magasin < magazzino ("storehouse") < (maχáːzin, "storerooms", "storehouses"), plural of (máχzan, "storeroom", "storehouse") < (χázana, "to store", "to stock", "to lay up").