(1) Having a reddish-brown color
(2) Large and complicated reddish-brown glandular organ located in the upper right portion of the abdominal cavity; secretes bile and functions in metabolism of protein and carbohydrate and fat; synthesizes substances involved in the clotting of the blood; synthesizes vitamin A; detoxifies poisonous substances and breaks down worn-out erythrocytes
(3) Liver of an animal used as meat
(4) Someone who lives in a place
"A liver in cities"
(5) A person who has a special life style
"A high liver"
, from . Cognate with Dutch , German , Danish, Norwegian and Swedish ( < Old Norse ).
- A large organ in the body that stores and metabolizes nutrients, destroys toxins and produces bile. Responsible for thousands of biochemical reactions.
- This livestock organ used as food.
- A dark brown colour, tinted with red and gray, like that of liver.
- Concerning or relating to the liver.
- liver transplant
- Intended for the liver.
- liver salts
- Of food, made of liver.
- liver pâté