(1) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input
(2) Of or in or along or relating to a line; involving a single dimension
"A linear measurement"
(3) Designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree
(4) Measured lengthwise
"Cost of lumber per running foot"
(5) Of a leaf shape; long and narrow
- A comet, cataloged as “C/1999 S4”, discovered on September 27, 1999, by the Lincoln Near-Earth Asteroid Research program in New Mexico. (See http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/comets/linear.html) Sometimes spelled LINEAR.