(1) Having no importance or influence
"A lightweight intellect"
(2) A professional boxer who weighs between 131 and 135 pounds
(3) A wrestler who weighs 139-154 pounds
(4) An amateur boxer who weighs no more than 132 pounds
(5) Someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous
- A boxer in a weight division having a maximum limit of 135 pounds for professionals and 132 pounds for amateurs.
- A competitive weight division between bantamweight and welterweight, with specific weights varying by organization.
- One of little consequence or ability.
- A person who can't handle their drink.
- A political candidate with little chance of winning