(1) The flash of light that accompanies an electric discharge in the atmosphere (or something resembling such a flash); can scintillate for a second or more
(2) Abrupt electric discharge from cloud to cloud or from cloud to earth accompanied by the emission of light
- The flash of light caused by the discharge of atmospheric electrical charge.
- The discharge of atmospheric electrical charge itself.
- That tree was hit by lightning.
- Extremely fast or sudden.
- Moving at the speed of lightning.