(1) A section or portion of a journey or course
"Then we embarked on the second stage of our Caribbean cruise"
(2) (nautical) the distance traveled by a sailing vessel on a single tack
(3) A cloth covering consisting of the part of a pair of trousers that covers a person's leg
(4) One of the supports for a piece of furniture
(5) A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
(6) A human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part of the limb between the knee and ankle
(7) A structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion
(8) The limb of an animal used for food
(9) A part of a forked or branching shape
"He broke off one of the branches"
- The lower limb of a human being or animal that extends from the groin to the ankle.
- The portion of the lower appendage of a human that extends from the knee to the ankle.
- A part of garment, such as a pair of trousers/pants, that covers a leg.
- A stage of a journey.
- A distance that a sailing vessel does without changing the sails from one side to the other.
- One side of a multiple-sided (often triangular) course in a sailing race.
- A single game or match played in a tournament or other sporting contest.
- One of the two sides of a right triangle that is not the hypotenuse.
- A rod-like protrusion from an inanimate object, supporting it from underneath.