(1) A book in the Old Testament that tells the story of Jonah and the whale
(2) A person believed to bring bad luck to those around him
(3) (Old Testament) Jonah did not wish to become a prophet so God caused a great storm to throw him overboard from a ship; he was saved by being swallowed by a whale that vomited him out onto dry land
- A book of the Old Testament and the Hebrew Tanakh.
- A person who brings a ship bad luck.
- Any person or object which is deemed to cause bad luck; a jinx.
- So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.