(1) An aircraft without wings that obtains its lift from the rotation of overhead blades
From , from , from (genitive ) + .
- An aircraft that is borne along by one or more sets of long rotating blades which allow it to hover, move in any direction including reverse, or land; and having a smaller set of blades on its tail that stabilize the aircraft.
- We flew over the city in a helicopter.
- a powered troweling machine with spinning blades used to spread concrete.
, copter , eggbeater , rotary-wing aircraft , whirlybird
- To transport by helicopter.
- To travel by helicopter.