(1) Utility to warm a building
"The heating system wasn't working"
"They have radiant heating"
(2) The trait of being intensely emotional
(3) The presence of heat
(4) The sensation caused by heat energy
(5) A preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
(6) A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
(7) Applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
(8) Make hot or hotter
"The sun heats the oceans"
"Heat the water on the stove"
(9) Gain heat or get hot
"The room heated up quickly"
(10) Arouse or excite feelings and passions
"The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"
"The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"
"Wake old feelings of hatred"
(11) Provide with heat
"Heat the house"
- thermal energy
- This furnace puts out 5000 BTUs of heat.
- That engine is really throwing off some heat.
- Removal of heat from the liquid caused it to turn into a solid.
- The condition or quality of being hot.
- Stay out of the heat of the sun!
- An attribute of a spice that causes a burning sensation in the mouth.
- The chili sauce gave the dish heat.
- A period of intensity, particularly of emotion.
- It's easy to make bad decisions in the heat of the moment
- An undesirable amount of attention.
- The heat from her family after her DUI arrest was unbearable.
- The police.
- The heat! Scram!
- One or more firearms.
- He's packing heat.
- A fastball.
- The catcher called for the heat, high and tight.
- A condition where a mammal is aroused sexually or where it is especially fertile and therefore eager to mate.
- The male canines were attracted by the female in heat.
- A preliminary race, used to determine the participants in a final race
- The runner had high hopes, but was out of contention after the first heat.
- One cycle of bringing metal to maximum temperature and working it until it is too cool to work further
- I can make a scroll like that in a single heat.
- A hot spell.
- The children stayed indoors during this year's summer heat.