(1) Any of various juicy fruit of the genus Vitis with green or purple skins; grow in clusters
(2) Any of numerous woody vines of genus Vitis bearing clusters of edible berries
From 'hook', from Old Low Franconian *krappa 'hook' (cf. Dutch dial. (Holland) krap 'krank', German 'hook').
- A small, round, smooth-skinned edible fruit, usually purple, red, or green, that grows in bunches on certain vines.
- A woody vine that bears clusters of grapes; a grapevine.
- A dark purplish red colour, the colour of many grapes.
- cabernet sauvignon
- Chenin Blanc
- noble rot
- Pinot Grigio
- Pinot Noir