(1) A pedal that controls the throttle valve
"He stepped on the gas"
(2) A state of excessive gas in the alimentary canal
(3) The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by: relatively low density and viscosity; relatively great expansion and contraction with changes in pressure and temperature; the ability to diffuse readily; and the spontaneous tendency to become distributed uniformly throughout any container
(4) A volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines
(5) A fluid in the gaseous state having neither independent shape nor volume and being able to expand indefinitely
(6) A fossil fuel in the gaseous state; used for cooking and heating homes
(7) Show off
(8) Attack with gas; subject to gas fumes
"The despot gassed the rebellious tribes"