(1) Any substance that can be metabolized by an organism to give energy and build tissue
(2) Anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
(3) Any solid substance (as opposed to liquid) that is used as a source of nourishment
"Food and drink"
, from , by Grimm's law from .
- Any substance that is or can be consumed by living organisms, especially by eating, in order to sustain life.
- The innkeeper brought them food and drink.
- Anything intended to supply energy or nourishment of an entity or idea.
- That is food for thought.
- A foodstuff.
- This shop stocks many hundreds of different foods.