(1) A thin coating or layer
"The table was covered with a film of dust"
(2) Photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies
(3) A thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things
(4) A medium that disseminates moving pictures
"Theater pieces transferred to celluloid"
"This story would be good cinema"
"Film coverage of sporting events"
(5) A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
"They went to a movie every Saturday night"
"The film was shot on location"
(6) Make a film or photograph of something
"Take a scene"
"Shoot a movie"
(7) Record in film
"The coronation was filmed"
- photographic film
- motion picture