Appealing to the general public
"A favorite tourist attraction"
Something regarded with special favor or liking
"That book is one of my favorites"
(3) A special loved one
(4) A competitor thought likely to win
- Preferred or liked above all others (unless qualified.)
- This is my second favourite occupation.
- A person who enjoys special regard or favour.
- A person who is preferred or trusted above all others.
- A contestant or competitor thought most likely to win.
- You were my favourite to win the spelling competition.
- To bookmark.
- To add to one's list of favourites on a website that allows users to compile such lists.