(1) The act of physically escaping from something (an opponent or a pursuer or an unpleasant situation) by some adroit maneuver
(2) Nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do
"His evasion of his clear duty was reprehensible"
"That escape from the consequences is possible but unattractive"
(3) The deliberate act of failing to pay money
"His evasion of all his creditors"
"He was indicted for nonpayment"
(4) A statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth
- The act of eluding or avoiding, particularly the pressure of an argument, accusation, charge, or interrogation; artful means of eluding.