(1) The nations of the European continent collectively
"The Marshall Plan helped Europe recover from World War II"
(2) An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
"He took Britain into Europe"
(3) The 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles
From Ancient Greek Ευρώπη (Evrope "Europa") a character in Greek mythology, possibly originally meaning "wide eyed", from ευρύς (evrys "wide") + ώπς (ops "eye, face, complexion").
- A political entity; the European Union.
- A continent north of Africa, west of Asia and east of the Atlantic Ocean. It contains many countries, including (in alphabetical order):